Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Shabby Chic Canvas

 

IMG_2100

Hello Everyone,

Sorry it’s been so long since I posted.  I have just had a lot going at home lately.  I did find a little bit of time to try my hand at some mix media for the first time.  I think it turned out really well.  I had a lot of fun doing this project and am very pleased with the way it turned out.  Everything I used was just from my stash except for the canvas and I got a great deal on them.   I got the canvas from Michaels along with the frame.  The flowers are Recollections and the gears are from a broken toy car from my grandson.  The beads are from some old jewelry that I no longer used so I put it to good use.  I use Claudine Hellmuth  gesso as a primer and Apple Barrel acrylic paint in a cream color.   The pink acrylic bird and butterfly I from Wal-Mart along with the bird cage embellishment.  I also have a lace from Wal-Mart that I have used for texture.  I have really enjoyed do this form of crafts and hope you enjoy and give it a try.  Thanks for stopping by, Hugs xxxx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment